Homemade Asian Cold Remedy Soup
There’s nothing more soothing than a bowl of hot soup when you are suffering with a cold or flu.
Granny knew what she was doing when she made you eat chicken soup when you were ill. There are many natural healing properties in the ingredients of homemade soups.
Homemade soups do not have chemicals or preservative sin them and are also lower in sodium than processed condensed soups you buy in supermarkets.
Fresh herbs, spices and vegetables have incredible healing power.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.Hippocrates
Don’t restrict this soup to just when you are suffering with a cold. This natural remedy will help fight bugs and bacteria year round so enjoy n a regular basis 🙂
Let’s get started!
15 Minute Asian Cold Remedy Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz (85 grams) Noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large pot
- Meanwhile chop one large onion and 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Add onions and garlic to the pot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add the grated ginger and cook for another one to two minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, add soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and the frozen peas.
- Cook according to the instructions on the noodle packet.
15 Minute Asian Cold Remedy Soup Recipe Video
Whilst this is a delicious soup as it is, please feel free to add chicken, diced celery and anything else you want to this basic healing soup recipe.
Share with friends!