How to Make Homemade Cough Drops Tutorial
This is a quick and easy homemade remedy using natural products to help ease coughs.
The good thing about making your own cough drops is they are free from artificial sweeteners and chemicals that are not good for your health.
The homemade cough drops keep well, you just need to make sure that they are kept in a dry, closed container. I like to use small tupperware or plastic containers for these.
It makes them convenient to throw in your pocket or purse, or put some in the car so you can nip that cough in the bud 😉
Homemade Cough Drops Recipe
What you will need:
- Peel and grate 1 tbsp ginger
- 1tbsp honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Peel and grate ginger place in a pan and add sugar.
- Add water,honey and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and boil 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly to remove the foam.
- Drop into small round shapes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Let cool completely
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and store in a closed, dry container
How to Make Homemade Cough Drops Video Tutorial
You can double up this recipe for a family sized batch for those suffering with coughs and colds.Share with friends!