Homemade Marshmallow Solutions
Marshmallow leaves are tasty, crunchy and have a flavor that can truly enhance a creative salad. You can have it regularly, and the pleasant taste soon becomes habit forming. Enjoy all the goodness of marshmallow in a tasty, invigorating salad.
What you will need:
- Half a bowl of marshmallow leaves
- Two large tomatoes
- A few olives
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- onions chopped in rings
- Two large carrots, diced
- Olive oil
- Chop the tomatoes into rough dices.
- Add in the diced carrots, the marshmallow leaves, the olives the ringed onions and the tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
- Add a liberal dash of olive oil and toss vigorously.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- You may add a commercial salad dressing if you wish, but these are often unhealthy so avoid if you can. You can add a dash of vinegar for added flavor.
- Serve the delicious salad as a starter.
A soothing marshmallow tea can be really helpful for sore gums or a toothache. You can steep either the leaves or the roots of the marshmallow plant in hot water, and brew a wonderfully calming tea that soothes the nerves and gives you a relaxed feeling.
What you need:
- Marshmallow leaves and roots
- Coarsely chop the marshmallow roots and leaves with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Heat a cup of water in a kettle.
- Bring the water to boil and then pour into a cup.
- Place the marshmallow leaves and roots in a steel tea ball.
- Put the ball in the hot water and steep for a few minutes.
- Stir the ball and shake gently to get the maximum extraction.
- You can add some cinnamon for flavor. You can also add vanilla essence to enhance flavor.
- Avoid adding sugar as it is unhealthy. However, you may add some sugar if you must.
- Consume the tea lukewarm for maximum effect.
Marshmallow and Herb Soup
You can cook marshmallow leaves in a delicious soup that is chock full of herbaceous goodness.
You can combine several herbs of your choice in this sup, or you can just add marshmallow leaves to the recipe of any of your favorite soups. The flavor of marshmallow leaves works well with most ingredients.
Here is one recipe that works well:
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized white potato, cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- Six ounces of fresh marshmallow leaves, fine chopped
- Black pepper, finely ground
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add garlic, celery, onion, and potato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and milk, and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use half of the marshmallow leaves. Cover and simmer gently for ten minutes.
- Place the soup in a blender and blend. Add the remaining spinach and blend again for a creamy consistency
- Add the sour cream. Serve.
As you can see, marshmallow is a great herb that can be used in a large repertoire of applications. Add this healthy herb to your diet and you are bound to feel healthier every day.
Marshmallow leaves are tasty too, and trying them in your cooking is bound to receive great appreciation.Share with friends!