DIY Homemade Red Clover Solutions
Both the leaves, and the flower itself can be consumed for health benefit, along with the occasional use of the root.
Clover Blossom Tea
A tea of red clover blossoms is a perfect solution for getting all the goodness of red clover in just a few sips. Additionally, it is quite soothing to sip on red clover tea, and a mild sedative action that is provided by some chemicals in red clover ensures that this refreshing drink will bust all your daily stress worries.
What you need:
- A cupful of red clover blossoms
- A jar of water
- Heat the water in a kettle. Bring to boil.
- Place the blossoms in a jar.
- Fill the jar with hot water and cover up the jar for about 10 hours
- You may add other flavorful herbs – such as peppermint or sage – to enhance the flavor of this tea. Avoid sugar.
- Consume about 3 cups of this tea every day.
Red Clover Blossom Tincture
The red clover tincture is a powerful medicine for all kinds of health worries. It lowers the bad LDL cholesterol levels, it cleanses blood, it relieves menopausal symptoms and menstrual complaints. It even battles some types of cancer. What more can you ask for in a herb? Follow this easy recipe to make a really useful red clover tincture:
Things you need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of dry red clover blossoms
- Ginger roots, finely diced (about ½ a cup)
- One and a half cup water
- One and a half cup drinkable rum or vodka, with about 40% alcohol (do NOT use rubbing alcohol or stearyl alcohol!). A higher percentage of alcohol is preferable.
- Finely shred the red clover blossoms.
- Place the shredded red clover blossoms and the diced ginger in a glass jar.
- Cover up the blossoms and the ginger with piping hot, boiling water.
- Top up the jar with the vodka or the rum.
- Keep the jar in a cool dry place for 2 to 6 weeks. Do not exceed 6 weeks.
- Strain off the mixture after 2 to 6 weeks using a filter cloth or cheesecloth.
- Store the mixture in jars or vials.
Crystallized Red Clover Blossom
You can crystallize the red clover blossoms with sugar. These crystallized blossoms will be a great addition to any dessert, and they are great, vividly colored decorative items that will vastly improve the plating of any dish.
You can go really creative with their use, and combine red clover blossoms with other edible flowers to come up with truly unique plating options.
Things you will need:
- A dozen red clover flowers (or as many as you would want to crystallize)
- Crystallized sugar
- Egg whites from one egg
- Whisk the egg white and about two teaspoons of water thoroughly, until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Slightly wet the flowers with water, and flick off the water.
- Coat the flowers with sugar.
- Use a paint brush to apply egg whites on the sugar coating. This takes some time and patience.
- Sprinkle some more sugar over the painted flowers. You can catch the sugar that falls off in a bowl, but you can’t reuse it.
- Place the coated and painted red clover blossoms in a baking tray that has been lined with greased paper.
- Dry off the flowers. You can bake for a few minutes in the over if you want, but that is not really necessary. The egg whites should give you hardened, crystallized flowers in about 2 days. Use in any recipe for a beautiful decoration.
The red clover is an herb that can be used very creatively for some amazing health benefits.
As always, you should consult your doctor before pursuing any treatment option, but the red clover offers relief and health benefit for many educated users. Benefit from using this amazing herb today.Share with friends!